Our mission is to make accurate trail maps and guides for preserved lands accessible to the public.
New Jersey Trails Association assembles information on trails open to the public and posts it on this site. We work in partnership with state, county, and local non-profit land preservation groups and parks agencies to plan additional trails.
NJTA has over the years collaborated with representatives from the following organizations:
- D&R Greenway Land Trust
- Stony Brook-Millstone Watershed Association
- Friends of Hopewell Valley Open Space
- Kingston Greenways Association
- Hunterdon Land Trust
- Friends of Princeton Open Space
- Lawrence Township Conservation Foundation
- Montgomery Friends of Open Space
- New Jersey Conservation Foundation
- Mercer Walks
- West Windsor Friends of Open Space
- Friends for the Marsh
- Garden State Greenways
Volunteers design and build trails, walk and record them, and write guides for this website. They also verify the trail guides for accuracy by walking a trail with map and trail description in hand. Expert GIS mapping technicians prepare trail maps. This website is maintained by both professional and volunteer website developers.
Your contribution can help expand and accelerate the work of making more trails available on this site.