About NJ Trails
Our mission is to make accurate information and maps on preserved lands accessible to the public. NJTA assembles information on trails open to the public, and posts the information on this site. We work in partnership with state, county, local, non-profit land preservation groups and parks agencies to plan more trails. NJTA consists of representatives from the following organizations:
- D&R Greenway Land Trust
- Stony Brook-Millstone Watershed Association
- Friends of Hopewell Valley Open Space
- Kingston Greenways Association
- Hunterdon Land Trust
- Friends of Princeton Open Space
- Lawrence Township Conservation Foundation
- Montgomery Friends of Open Space
- New Jersey Conservation Foundation
- Mercer Walks
- West Windsor Friends of Open Space
- Friends for the Marsh
- Garden State Greenways
Volunteers select trails, walk them, and write guides for this website. Expert technicians prepare trail maps. Volunteers also test the trail guides for accuracy by taking a walk, following the guide.
Your contribution can help expand and accelerate the work of making more trails available on this site.
When you walk the trails described on this site, please observe basic trail etiquette: Stay on the trails. Leave no garbage behind. Be quiet and respectful of nature and other walkers.